Find below additional resources on our Multilingual Immersion Program and the Kids Town educational philosophy.
Reggio Emilia Links
- Summary of the “Reggio Emilia Approach”
- Reggio Emilia Foundation website homepage. From here you can access the Reggio Children website, as well as articles, news, and updates in the educational field as they relate to the Reggio Emilia approach.
- North American Reggio-Emilia Alliance (NAREA) homepage. Here you can find information about the Reggio Emilia method, and you can find access to many more of NAREA’s resources.
- “Bringing Reggio Emilia home: An innovative approach to early childhood education.” An account of Louise Caldwell’s perspective sheds light onto the role Reggio Emilia played in her understanding of the world.
- An article that highlights and explains the Reggio Emilia approach within the school environment and community, and delves further into its use in an art classroom in particular.
Dual Language Links
- KBS America News Segment on Sept. 14, 2018 on KYCC’s Multilingual Immersion Program (Korean)
- “New Research on Dual Language Learners: Support Children Learning Both Languages.” Children need specific teaching strategies and environments to facilitate their bilingual growth.
- Information on why a Dual Language Home provides linguistic and developmental benefits to children.
- Video as well as information about “Language Development and Literacy” in children ages 4-5.
- Links to more resources on Dual Language Learning from the Department of Education.
- About dual language programs in LAUSD. The benefits of bilingual education and why bilingual children have an edge over monolingual children, backed by statistics.
- The window for learning new languages is in childhood, and it is vital to seize and build upon it earlier.